- Utilize the current MRPC framework to coordinate and encourage community economic development.
- Upgrade the transportation system.
- Preserve existing housing and develop new opportunities for affordable housing.
- Strengthen and expand the region's business sector.
- Support and promote efficient public and private strategies for waste management throughout the region.
- Support, improve and promote locally-based community health systems.
- Develop and support a strong educational and training system that prepares the region’s diverse population for employment.
- Work towards full employment opportunities for area residents that will provide incomes sufficient to sustain families.
- Strengthen business district revitalization efforts in Montachusett Region communities.
- Utilize the momentum created with the completion of Community Development and Comprehensive Plans to create a Regional Policy Plan.
- Encourage the development of and help to promote tourism in the region.
- Promote regional cooperation in housing, transportation and boundary development issues.
- Promote the diversification of jobs in the region into areas of growth and stability.
- Encourage businesses that are compatible with adjacent land uses and resource protection concerns.
- Identify the types of businesses we want to encourage to locate to and expand within the region.
- Encourage communities and businesses to keep employment growth in proportion to population and housing growth.
- Encourage the development of housing appropriate and affordable for the workforce needed by the businesses in the community.
(978) 345-7376 ext 302