MRPC has maintained a working relationship with the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MART) since their inception in 1979. Over the years, this association has expanded to the point where the MRPC provides MART with numerous services such as technical planning, Transit Feasibility Studies, Special Transit Planning Projects, Passenger Surveys and Data Analyses, Community Liaison and Public Participation, Transit Marketing Action Plans, Transit Development Program Studies to planning bus routes and customizing bus services.
MRPC prepares a Section 5303 Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Technical Assistance Grant on a yearly basis. This grant allows MRPC to perform planning activities in the area of mass transit. The grant supports the "3C" process of the MRPC and provides technical support services to MART. It includes the preparation of the Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and the Unified Planning Work Program (UPWP). The grant also assists in meeting the transportation needs of the region's disabled population related to the improvement of transit services and commuter rail facilities in the region. MRPC also develops a public awareness campaign to increase ridership in the Montachusett transit service area.
For more information on Transit Planning, contact George Kahale, Transit Director at (978)345-7376 extension 307.
|George Kahale||Transit Director||(978) 345-7376 ext 307|
- Coordinated Public Transit Human Services Transportation Plan
- MART Bus Routes and Commuter Rail Line Map
- MBTA Fitchburg - Boston Commuter Rail
- Montachusett Joint Transportation Committee (MJTC)
- Montachusett Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO)
- North Central Social Service Transportation Directory
- Regional Transit Authority (MART)
News & Announcements
- MPO Endorses FFY 2017-2021 Highway TIP Amendment #3 and PPP Amendment #1
- FFY 2016 Federal Obligation Report for the Montachusett Region
- Montachusett MPO Endorses FFY 2017-2021 TIP and 2016-2017 UPWP
- MPO Endorses Public Participation Plan
- Montachusett MPO Endorses 2016 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP)