The Program Administrators (PAs) of Mass Save have announced a new opportunity for municipalities and community organizations to expand access to energy efficiency at the local level. The new Mass Save Municipal Partnership is designed to "leverage the local knowledge, trusted relationships, and experience of municipalities to increase awareness and measurable participation in the [Mass Save] energy efficiency offerings," among underserved populations including renters, moderate income residents, small businesses, and residents whose primary language is not English. Participating communities will get access to start-up funds ($2,000), technical support, and marketing materials provided by Mass Save, and will be eligible for a performance bonus of $3,000-$23,000 (depending on population).
Achieve awards when you meet energy-saving goals in your residential and small business communities.
The sponsors of Mass Save are seeking cities and towns interested in committing to set energy-saving goals in both residential and small business communities. Goals would include energy assessments and residential energy efficiency measures completed in a calendar year, starting January 1, 2020. Awards are awarded based on goals achieved by December 31, 2020.
By teaming up with their Mass Save sponsor, selected municipalities will receive energy efficiency expertise and marketing support. Together we will leverage the local knowledge, trusted relationships and experience from municipalities to increase awareness and measurable participation in energy efficiency offerings. All municipalities are encouraged to apply, especially communities looking to expand energy efficiency participation in the following community sectors:
- Non-English speaking/Limited English Proficiency (LEP) residents
- Moderate income residents (defined as 60-80% of state median income)
- Small businesses
Municipalities in Berkshire Gas, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas, Eversource, Liberty Gas, National Grid, or Unitil service areas that use either natural gas, electric, or both, are eligible to apply. Municipal electric districts connected to natural gas through one of these sponsors are eligible as well.
- Submit a brief statement of interest by November 6th 2019. All municipalities considering participation must submit this whether planning to apply for the 2020 calendar year or a future year. Questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the full application by November 6th, 2019 in order to be considered for the 2020 calendar year, and email it to email@example.com.
- Last date for questions from communities and statements of interest 10/30/2019
- Applications Due 11/06/2019
- Selected communities notified early November 2019
- Mandatory orientation and training early December 2019
- Start Date 01/1/2020
- End Date 12/31/2020
*These dates are subject to change